- How do my young people and I access MOMO One?
- Can I have a go on a demo?
- How do I sign up a child?
- What if a child can’t sign up or doesn’t want to?
- How can i have a practice before i use it with a child?
- How do I use MOMO One with them?
- I need help getting a child logged in to an account they already have
- I need help with something else
Your young people…
Your young people can have their own MOMO One account. Download the app or go to it online. Hit ‘Sign up to MOMO for young people’ to sign them up.
If your organisation has joined MOMO then you can also have a Workers account that gives access to MOMO One. You don’t have to have one but it can be very useful to use with any of your children who don’t have their own MOMO account. Find out how to get one here.
If your organisation hasn’t joined MOMO then you can still try the demo.
It’s great if you can sign a young person up to MOMO and co-use it with them straight away. Our research shows that when young people use MOMO with a worker, they find it easier to talk about difficult things and are more likely to use it on their own later.
They’ll need an email address to sign up so and have their own MOMO account available 24/7. Do check if they have a personal or school one already.
If they don’t, it may be appropriate to use a foster carer’s email or they could get an email address that their parent or carer oversees.
If you’re having trouble signing them up then try using the web version instead at app.mindofmyown.org.uk.
Get a free copy of the MOMO worker toolkit here.
- Understand it first by having a practice.
- Introduce it to your young people when you meet or visit
- Help them through the signup process, letting them be in control
- Use it together to guide your conversation, creating a record of their views
- Ask them to send their views to you or any other workers they choose
- Encourage them to use it solo when you’re not there
If you’re having trouble it could be because they’ve entered an email address or password that MOMO doesn’t recognise.
Click here to reset their password by entering their email address. If that email address is attached to a MOMO account then MOMO will send it a password reset email. If they don’t receive the email they should check their spam folder. Follow the email’s instructions.
If they don’t receive an email in their inbox or spam folder then it means that email address is not in use on a MOMO account. They can use it to sign up for an account here.
Try using the web version instead at app.mindofmyown.org.uk if you’re having trouble using the android or iOS app.