Sixteen25 is looking for a talented, user-focused and socially motivated individual to manage its app for young people in care.
Contract Value (Freelance): £18-19k
Contract Length: 12 months
Hours: Part time/flexible
Closing Date: 02/06/14 23:55
MOMO is a social tech startup founded in 2013 by sixteen25’s Joe Roberson, and heavily backed by Nominet Trust. Its aim is to improve young people’s control over their care and increase their engagement with services.
Since its product launch in November last year MOMO has demonstrated evidence of its potential to radically transform the way that children and young people in care are involved in decision making processes. Over the next year we will:
- Refine and develop both the app and Service MOMO, a suite of pay-for features that deliver additional value to services in areas where MOMO is being used
- Evaluate MOMO’s impact, generating robust evidence of its user, social and market/financial value
- Drive sales to the point where the product is self-sustaining and ready to scale to new markets.
This is an exciting time to join Team MOMO. You’ll be working alongside its Business Manager and sixteen25’s Director, as well as an amazing tech team at Neontribe.
MOMO’s Incentives, Your Motivation
We anticipate that in some months you might be doing five or six days, in others you’ll be doing more than eight. You’ll need to be motivated by the chance to develop yourself and be involved in developing a great product and not only the money.
You’ll have the desire to be part of a venture that disrupts the care system and changes how children in care are able to communicate their problems and take control of their situation.
We also want you to be motivated by the prospect of being offered, depending on our level of success, a stake in MOMO when it becomes an independent social business.
Natural Intelligence > Experience
If you read the specification below and think you can do the job then get in touch. While you’ll need to at least have done something similar before we value natural intelligence and the desire to learn and do good over volume of experience.
Lead on metrics analysis, user engagement and product requirements – maximising learning at every step to inform MOMO’s development.
You will be responsible for the delivery, on-going success and continuous improvement of App MOMO and Service MOMO. You will:
- Lead the delivery of new features or iterations to meet user needs, bringing in a range of technical, analytical and design skills
- Gather user requirements based on a communicable understanding of user engagement and diverse audience groups
- Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions, noting that users do not always know what they want
- Create effective, prioritised product descriptions and delivery plans to meet user needs in a cost effective way
- Translate aims and needs into clear and manageable plans and determine resource requirements to support product design, development and maintenance
- Liaise with development team and Neontribe’s project manager so that requirements are prioritised and understood
- Use agile methodologies to maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, holding others to account for delivery, and swiftly responding to changing requirements
- Underpin the delivery and iteration of MOMO through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data
- Keep abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms and their implications for successful delivery of MOMO
- Disseminate an understanding of the digital marketplace, including best practice, costs, suppliers, methodologies and skills internally and to external stakeholders
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent
- Foster a collaborative approach to solution delivery and engagement.
- Promote resilience and responsiveness in the organisation by being open and honest about challenges, and the actions required to address unexpected developments
- Support Product Impact Evaluation
- Work with Business Manager and sixteen25’s Director to prepare MOMO to scale to new markets
You will need to be:
- A generalist and super smart
- Highly creative and metrics oriented
- Customer focused and business driven
- Tech savvy and socially motivated
You will need to:
- Understand design thinking and UX
- Understand the technology stack
- Be able to work in a culture of innovation
- Be able to focus on adding value
- Have experience of lean processes or agile methods
- Have experience of product development
It would be advantageous if you have experience of working:
- With young people
- In a startup environment
- Remotely, from home, independently
- Informal discussion
- Application (CV + Task + Statement)
Please get in touch to discuss and find out more. We’re on 07834 364 205 or email us.
Closing Date: 02/06/14 23:55