Tech For Good Service Designer
Come and join one of the UK’s most exciting and fastest growing Tech For Good companies.
- Shiny laptop to work on
- Set your own working hours
- Work from home and office
- Professional development coaching, one hour a month
- Warm fuzzy feelings from working for the good of children in care
- Be part of the fun and caring tech for good community
- No dress code
- Go to one conference of your choice per year, in reach of a budget flight
- Work with one of the coolest dev teams around at Neontribe
Salary: £40-50k, depending on experience
Every year 170,000 children pass through the social care system. Many of them will experience a life of chaos, be placed a long way from home and struggle to understand what is happening. For some their experiences of the system will simply compound their trauma.
MOMO is on a mission to solve these problems.
Its two things:
- A free, award winning app that helps them speak up, access their right to be heard and take control of their care.
- Service MOMO: a package of extra features and support that children’s services can unlock for themselves and their young people.
With 27 local authorities signed up since launch in 2013 and a strong track record of support and investment MOMO is on course to transform the care system by 2020. To help it get there it needs a confident and experienced Service Designer with product understanding and an interest in changing the world through digital powered services.
Working with the Product Manager and Business Director you will take ownership of the continuous improvement of MOMO’s product suite including app, Service MOMO and support packages.
Within this role you’ll be required to bring your design and research skills to the fore, increasing the quality and volume of incoming insights and data, producing new solutions to the challenges faced by product and service, and helping the business make more data-driven decisions.
This will include:
- user research
- leading MOMO’s approach to usability testing
- designing better Service MOMO support for children’s services
- supporting product design and business decision making
As you might expect, the role will require the ability to work at both micro-content and macro, strategic levels.
- At least four years’ experience in delivering design-led solutions in the form of services, and ideally products too
- Educated in design to at least degree level (or able to demonstrate a similar level of insight and experience in a related field, from User Experience to Service Design)
- Experience in planning and leading design projects: managing stakeholders, clients and team members as well as keeping projects on time and budget
- An innovative and inspirational thinker
- Visionary – wanting to continually progress what you can do and what we can deliver
- Deeply focused on user-centred design
- Able to question and challenge well
- Able to support and inspire others
- A strategic thinker
- Able to manage a fast paced workload
- Passionate about making a social difference
- Curious about the application of technology
- Emotionally intelligent, self-aware, and keen for feedback
- Enthusiastic about the digital design industry & technology at large
- An enthusiastic and hands on team player that builds and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, partners and clients
- Motivated by a passion for drawing out and driving creativity and innovation
- Proficient in influencing, negotiating and communicating, in both written and verbal mediums
- Work solo and in a small, diverse team, while managing relationships with stakeholders, clients and users
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user research; compiling the results into a series of insights, service opportunities and design principles
- Plan, organise and facilitate workshops and usability testing sessions: bringing together users and stakeholder to unpick the challenges faced by the service and propose new solutions
- Create elegant and functional service touchpoints for use in prototyping new solutions
- Plan and conduct live prototyping of ideas and solutions with workers and end users, refining MOMO’s products and services based on their feedback
- Communicate and envision service experience concepts and ideas using methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touchpoints of the digital service
- Gain a deep understanding of people desires, business goals and service performance to unearth unmet needs and innovation opportunities
- Brief the product manager and developers on your research and collaborate with the development team to create user stories and wireframes
- Focus on impact and measurable results – nothing gets designed for the sake of it
- Have a structured and organised approach to work but with the ability to be flexible with shifting priorities and timelines when necessary, performing other role related duties when required
- Work in partnership with MOMO’s Business Director to support planning, costing to ensure delivery is on time / on budget and mitigates potential risks
- Champion, explain and demonstrate the design process to key stakeholders, staff, frontline workers and the wider public
- Work flexibly, sometimes from home, sometimes from our office in Tottenham Court Road and sometimes from customer sites.
If you think you’ve got what we need and you like what you’ve heard, then get in touch. Call us on 07834 364 205 or send a CV and portfolio to hello [at] mindofmyown.org.uk.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 19th October
Interviews: Tuesday 27th October