Workers Mind Of My Own
What is a worker account?
How do I get a worker account?
You need to be working for an organisation that is subscribed to our apps. If your organisation is not a subscriber, you can contact us here.
- Sign up for an account here, selecting your organisation from the dropdown list.
- Your organisation’s Mind Of My Own Service Portal administrators will be notified by email that you have requested an account.
- They will check your credentials and approve your account.
- You will receive an email asking you to set up a password so you can begin using your account.
How do I use my worker account?
- Log in to your account here.
- Have a go on the built-in ‘Test Profile’.
- Create a profile for a child you want to co-use Mind Of My Own with, if you think they may not be able to have their own account.
- When you meet the child, see if you can sign them up to their own account here.
- If they sign up to their own account then you can co-use Mind Of My Own together on it then go to step 7. If they don’t then go to step 6.
- Access the child’s profile on your account. With the child, choose one of the scenarios.
- Co-use Mind Of My Own with the child. Let them be in control, choosing a scenario and creating their statement.
- When you’re done Mind Of My Own will send the created statement direct to you as a link in an email. Once it’s been sent you can download the statement from the link in the email or directly from the child’s profile on your account.
Remember: it’s always better to sign a child up to their own account, if you can. That way they can use it any time, even when you’re not there.
I’m having trouble setting up a password
I can’t find my service on the sign up page’s dropdown menu
I’m having trouble signing up for a worker account
- you already have a worker account – so your email address is already in use on it. Try logging in. Reset your passwordif you need to.
- you’ve already used your email address to sign up to the Service Portal or you signed up for young person’s account by mistake. You will need to delete that other account.
How to delete your young person’s account: Log in here. Click on your profile icon in the top right-hand side, scroll down and select ‘click here to de-activate your account’. Follow the instructions. Your email address will then be ready to use with a worker account here.
I’ve signed up but my account won’t yet work
I’ve lost my password
I’ve lost or can’t access the statement a child made with me
I need help with something else
I am a young person
How do I get and use the app?
Say what you want whenever you want into the One app.
When you’re done the One app will turn what you’ve said into a statement you can send to a person you choose. You might have social workers or other people whose job it is to help you. If you select their team when you sign up to the One app it will give you the choice to send your statement to people in that team. Mind Of My Own will let you know when your statement gets to them.
I'm having trouble logging in
If you’re still not getting access, try resetting your password. Click here and enter your email address. If you have a One account Mind Of My Own will send you a password reset email. Follow the email’s instructions.
If you don’t receive an email in your inbox or spam folder then it means that email address is not in use on a Mind Of My Own account. Check if you signed up with a different email address or spelled it differently.
How do I use One app with my worker or other person?
Use One app with a worker or carer to make it easier to talk about difficult things, or to help you get things off your chest. It’s up to you what you want to say.
You can use it on your own, then review what you’ve said with your worker. Or you can fill it in with them next to you.
I need help with something else
I am a worker
How do my young people and I access the One app?
If your organisation has joined Mind Of My Own then you can also have a Workers account that gives access to the One app. Find out how to get one here. If your organisation hasn’t joined Mind Of My Own then contact us to find out more
Can I try a demo version?
How do I sign a child or young person up to a One app account?
They’ll need an email address to sign up to their own One app account. Check if they have a personal or school one already. We recommend Outlook (for anyone) or Gmail (if they’re 13+). Have the young person download the app for Android, iOS or use it online and hit the ‘sign up button’.
How do I sign up a young person to an Express account?
What's the difference between a One account and an Express account?
I am a parent or carer
How do I access Express?
How do I log in?
You can log in on any device, including your work computer. Express is best used with children on a tablet or laptop.
How do I use Express with a child or young person?
Login to your account at workers.mindofmyown.org.uk and create a profile for the child. You can use the profile now or come back later.
When you’re with a child you want to use Express with select their profile. You’ll see some options. Choose either One or Express (if your organisation has signed up for it).
Click the Express icon and start using it with your child. Use it together to guide your conversation, creating a record of their views. Talk with the child about what you are seeing. Express works alongside other communication tools.
You can also use the ‘Create New Express Profile’ option in your worker account to send a linked Express account via email for your young person to use at a distance.
My child and I haven’t completed an Express statement - what do I do now?
- Come back and complete it later. As long as you have an internet connection Express saves what they have entered so it’s ready for when you return.
- Send the statement. This saves the answers onto a pdf and sends it to your email.
Can Express be downloaded?
Can I use Express offline?
No. You will always need an internet connection. This helps keep the data your children enter into Express secure by avoiding storing it on your laptop or tablet.
I need to get a child’s Express statement that they made before
Log in to your account and navigate to the child’s profile. You will see previous statements listed there.
I need help with something else
Do the Express statements need to be assigned if a worker has set a young person up with an Express account?
No, because the Express account is set up through a worker account, the statement will still go directly to that worker.
Express is designed for direct work between you the worker and the young person, if they would like for their statements to be directed to someone else other than you, we would encourage supporting them with setting up a One App account. Alternatively, you can upload the statement to the young person’s case file and notify the individual they would like to direct their statement to.
Why is there an option to take a picture at the beginning and in the end?
The photo in the beginning is the photo that will be at the head of the young person’s profile.
The photo at the end is an opportunity for the young person to take a picture of anything else they would like to add to their statement. e.g., certificates, picture they’ve drawn, food they enjoy or hate etc.